Wednesday, 28 September 2016

The Autumn Tag

I have seen 'The Autumn Tag' floating around on other blogs and on youtube and of course wanted to give it a go myself. I haven't been tagged by anyone else, but hey ho. I'm going for it anyway! Autumn is the time of year when everything starts getting pretty, festive and just all around exciting.



1. Favourite thing about Autumn?

This is a hard one, but the first thing I think of when I think of Autumn is all of the colours - the orange of pumpkins and the red of the leaves. As soon as September arrives all I want to do is surround myself with those colours and make the most of them, before they all disappear in the winter! 


2. Your favourite drink?

I think that the obvious answer here has got to be a pumpkin spiced latte, but I also really enjoy any kind of warm apple spiced teas! They just feel and taste like comfort.


3. Favourite scent / candle?

Pumpkin and cinnamon all the way. Basically anything that smells even slightly like a pumpkin pie! 


4. Favourite lipstick?

Taupe by Mac. It is dark enough for it to feel autumnal but not too dark that it washes me out completely! 


5. Favourite autumn colour?

A deep, wine red.


6. Go-to colour for eyes in the Autumn?

A gold shade with dark brown in the crease. I have been using 'dirtysweet' and 'whiskey' from the Urban Decay Naked Smoky pallet.


7. What is your favourite frugal Autumn activity?

Having pumpkin carving evenings with the whole family - dad always carves a Volkswagen and me and my sister always do classic pumpkin faces! My birthday is on the 28th so this year I'm having a pumpkin carving party! (I am turning 20 - I swear!!)


8. Favourite outfit to wear?

A black jumper, black coat, black jeans, red scarf. Simple and cosy! 


9. Autumn treat?

Gingerbread men! I have so many memories of making them with my mum when I was little. They are still one of my favourite treats! Last year I made cinnamon cupcakes with tiny little gingerbread men on top - so cute! I might post a recipe for these soon.


10. What TV show, new or old are you looking forward to?

I am so excited for new American Horror Story! I have liked the first two episodes but I can't say that I love it yet. I am hoping that it improves soon.


I tag anybody who wants to have a go!

Kate x

27 comments:

  1. I love deep red colours for autumn! They're so pretty and stand out in the nicest way with all the colourful leaves :) And I love that you're having a pumpkin carving party, it'll be a great time. Who doesn't like to carve pumpkins?!

    Erin | Explore, Refresh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly - It's so much fun! I don't care how old I am, I will always find time to carve a pumpkin at Halloween! xx

      Delete
  2. I love love tags cause I feel like I know a lil more into the person behind the blog, definitely following you :)
    www.beeingshazeda.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you!! I really enjoy tags as well! x

      Delete
  3. This makes me so excited for Autumn and makes me so feel warm and cozy! I love cinnamon scents and wearing boots and a big coat and scarf during the colder months

    Hannah | alongsidehannah.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad! Autumn is all about feeling warm and cozy! xx

      Delete
  4. I really want to try a pumpkin spiced latte! Everyone always raves about them this time of year I'm feeling left out haha. And I've just started watching American Horror Story and I LOVE it! Only on season 2 though so I have some catching up to do! X
    http://sgxstyling.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It hasn't got a strong coffee taste at all - give it a go! My favourite AHS season is definitely Coven! xx

      Delete
  5. Big jumpers are life! And I love the Autumnal colours too, especially deep reds! You know it is that time of year when you see them colours everywhere! x
    youcancallmecaz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, definitely!! I need more big jumpers - time for a trip to H&M! xx

      Delete
  6. Love this over autumn I just love wearing black and layers and cute boots. Pixie www.pixieox.co

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is it bad that I don't have a favorite candle scent? Great post idea!

    S .x http://ramblingsofayoungprgirl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, maybe you'll find one this Autumn! x

      Delete
  8. Omg I love dark lipsticks for Autumn but I've never tried a pumpkin spiced latte! I don't like coffee so I'm too scared to! Great and interesting post lovely. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It doesn't really taste of coffee so don't let that put you off! xx

      Delete
  9. Gingerbread yum! I love Autumn - although I could do without the rain! The colours are so great though, I agree. Watching the green trees turn to beautiful oranges, golds and browns are one of my favourite things about the season.
    Lisa | fairlyrosy.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kind of like the rain, I find it so relaxing! When I'm not in it of course.. xx

      Delete
  10. Autumn posts make so happy!! Loooove apple spiced teas and drinks, why can't they be sold all through the year! And love a good dark lip! Great post lovely x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right, I try to stock up on festive tea bags for the rest of the year! xx

      Delete
  11. I'm excited for Halloween & bonfire night! Yayayyyyy xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fab post! I adore autumn and autumn themed posts!

    Jade

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love wearing deep wine colours throughout Autumn and painting my nails this colour too. I love Autumn, I can't wait for Halloween!

    Amber - ambambe.com xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, my nails are a deep wine colour at the moment! So exciting! x

      Delete
  14. Confession, I've never carved a pumpkin! Making it my main going for this autumn!

    ReplyDelete

TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS