Friday, 23 September 2016

Halloween Themed Coffee & Chocolate Cupcakes

Whenever the Great British Bake Off comes along, it means that every wednesday has to be a baking day. I haven't shared much if any baking on my blog before ; but actually baking and cooking are two of my favourite hobbies. I thought this would be an easy recipe to start with - so here goes!






Ingredients
Makes around 10 cakes.

cakes
5oz self raising flour
4oz brown sugar
4oz soft butter
2 eggs
130ml strong coffee
2tsp powdered coffee

icing
2oz butter
4oz icing sugar
1tbs cocoa powder


Instructions

1. Pre-heat oven to 180C. Lay out cake cases in cake tin.

2. Mix together the butter and sugar until smooth and creamy.

3. Add the eggs and coffee and mix again.

4. Add the flour and mix slowly until you have a cake mix.

5. Use a spoon to half fill cake cases with the cake mix.

6. Sprinkle some powdered coffee on top of each individual bit of cake mix.

7. Put in oven, all ovens are different so I suggest checking the cakes after 12 minutes.

8. Leave cakes to cool while you make the icing. Mix all of the icing ingredients together (butter, icing sugar and cocoa powder).

9. Make sure the cakes are completely cool, put the icing in a piping bag and decorate your cakes! I used some halloween sprinkles from B&M - they are the perfect cup cakes for Autumn time!


I hope you get some inspiration from these yummy cakes. Have you been watching the GBBO?

Kate x





21 comments:

  1. Ah halloween! Im so excited to post my halloween baking posts!! Thanks for sharing they look delicious!

    Darriyan xo
    www.darriyancateland.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look so good! Would love to give these a go <3

    Abigail Alice x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw yes you should, they are very easy! Xx

      Delete
  3. I'm not keen on coffee but these do look tasty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could try replacing the coffee with hot chocolate - that might work! xx

      Delete
  4. Coffee cake is one of my favourite cakes and these do look yummy I will have to try them x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, I love coffee cake so much! xx

      Delete
  5. These look delicious! Will have to try them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG these look so pretty I want these now :) too pretty to eat pixie www.pixieox.co

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, I find decorating cakes so relaxing and fun! xx

      Delete
  7. Oh gosh these look incredible!!! Cake and Halloween are like my favourite things so I'm going to have to make these!

    - Jade x
    Jadelsia.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw yes - you should give them a go! They would be cute to hand out to trick or treaters as well. xx

      Delete
  8. ohmygosh YUM - love your photos too! XX


    www.jessicabkennedy.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those cakes look AMAZING! The photos really make me envious! Great post lovely. X

    ReplyDelete
  10. These looks DELISH! Perfect for a Halloween party! Great post x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are very tasty if I do say so myself! Thank you x

      Delete
  11. These look so so good! And I'm such a lover of coffee, I'll definitely have to give these a try!

    Toni x
    www.clarkecouture.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS