Monday, 4 January 2016

Books With Beautiful Covers

I think everybody knows the phrase 'don't judge a book by it's cover', but lets be honest.. when you see a book with a beautiful cover, it's hard to resist. I thought I'd share some of my favourite designs on my book shelf!


First off is the book 'Hand Job' by Michael Perry, all about typography designs. When I took graphic design as an a level I became really interested in typography and picked up a few books on it. This was my first, and it's amazing! I'd highly recommend it to anyone interested in design. Unlike some typography books, this is super colourful, full of mixed media and just super fun to flick through for inspiration.



Next is 'The Beginning of Everything' by Robyn Schneider. I love this book, and the cover just makes it even more special. I love the bright colours! Robyn is also a youtuber, so I love that after reading the book I was able to kind of get to know more about the author through her videos. I'm currently reading her new book 'extraordinary means' but unfortunately I don't have a fancy hardback of that one!


I got this edition of The Great Gatsby by F.Scott Fitzgerald for my birthday and I couldn't stop holding it for most of the day. It's so pretty! I love the copper / shiny design. I haven't read this yet and getting this edition has definitely made it next in my tbr!



And lastly, I couldn't do this post and not mention these. The puffin chalk editions of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Peter Pan! These are absolutely stunning and lovely to keep as childhood memories. I love the attention to detail, especially with how the edges of the pages have a torn effect!



I'd love to know if you have any favourite books look-wise!

Kate x

2 comments:

  1. Aw, those are so pretty! I saw some of those Puffin covers about a year ago, I love them so much! I'm also really fond of those leather covers that publishers have been putting on classics. They're so beautiful, but so much more expensive!

    Erin
    http://sexycardi.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen the leather ones but they sound lovely! Yeah, another good thing about the chalk board editions is how cheap they are, only about £5/6 on the book depository!! x

      Delete

TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS