Monday, 2 November 2015

Autumn / Winter Scent Pot

With Halloween now over but Christmas not quite here, I'm itching to start writing festive posts! I went into Tiger the other day and picked up some cinnamon sticks for only £1 so decided to create an autumn / winter scent pot to make the house smell delicious. The idea of this is that you just throw a few yummy smelling things into a pot of boiling water - the smell is soon all over the house and then you just turn it down / off.


I started off with water, cinnamon sticks, two teaspoons of ginger and 1 apple. Then, I let it all boil and threw in some cherries! (not pictured as it was a last minute idea). It's so fun to play around with the ingredients you have available. I can still smell this pot from the other room now and I turned it off about half an hour ago!


I'm excited to carry on doing these pots all through the colder months. I will definitely be putting one together for christmas eve! Have you ever tried these or have ideas for other ingredients? Let me know! 

Kate x



6 comments:

  1. I've been meaning to try this! It sounds like such a brilliant idea, and I imagine that it is better for the environment in the end (eliminating plastics of room fresheners and such!). The scent you created sounds perfect for the season!

    Erin
    http://sexycardi.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was lovely and so much more effective than a candle too. Definitely give it a go! X

      Delete
  2. Great idea! sounds like it smells wonderful <3

    http://www.abigailalicex.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's perfect for this time of year! X

      Delete
  3. This is such a cute idea!! I've never heard of scent pots before but that sounds like a heavenly mix :) Will have to try it out! xx
    Chasing Belle 23

    ReplyDelete
  4. Give it a go! They smell so yummy, and it's so simple! X

    ReplyDelete

TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS