Whenever the Great British Bake Off comes along, it means that every wednesday has to be a baking day. I haven't shared much if any baking on my blog before ; but actually baking and cooking are two of my favourite hobbies. I thought this would be an easy recipe to start with - so here goes!
Makes around 10 cakes.
5oz self raising flour
4oz brown sugar
4oz soft butter
130ml strong coffee
2tsp powdered coffee
4oz icing sugar
1tbs cocoa powder
1. Pre-heat oven to 180C. Lay out cake cases in cake tin.
2. Mix together the butter and sugar until smooth and creamy.
3. Add the eggs and coffee and mix again.
4. Add the flour and mix slowly until you have a cake mix.
5. Use a spoon to half fill cake cases with the cake mix.
6. Sprinkle some powdered coffee on top of each individual bit of cake mix.
7. Put in oven, all ovens are different so I suggest checking the cakes after 12 minutes.
8. Leave cakes to cool while you make the icing. Mix all of the icing ingredients together (butter, icing sugar and cocoa powder).
9. Make sure the cakes are completely cool, put the icing in a piping bag and decorate your cakes! I used some halloween sprinkles from B&M - they are the perfect cup cakes for Autumn time!
I hope you get some inspiration from these yummy cakes. Have you been watching the GBBO?