Wednesday, 21 September 2016

Bella's Big Free Dinner (Bella Italia) Review

Bella Italia has been one of my families favourite restaurants for years. It was always our go to place to eat after a long day of shopping in Cambridge. I recently got an email from them advertising 'Bella's Big Free Dinner' I was really excited to sign up and book a space! It was a three course meal for two people - completely free! We had to choose from a small menu of all new dishes - which meant that we both ended up having things that we would never usually order, but it turned out that we loved every bite! 

For starter we shared both options - the Mozzarella Pizza Bread and Arancini Funghi. I wasn't sure if I'd like the Arancini Funghi as I'm not the biggest fan of risotto usually. It was balls of risotto, porcini mushroom and mozzarella in breadcrumbs with rocket and pomodoro dip. They were absolutely delicious and I can't wait to have them again! The breadcrumbs meant that the risotto texture wasn't too soft (which is what I usually hate about risotto). The tomato sauce went perfectly with it.



As our mains, Mum chose the Pollo Robiola which is pasta parcels filled with robiola cheese and rocket, with roasted chicken and a creamy red pepper sauce. Usually when we go out to eat, mum orders a chicken pasta but is always disappointed with how little sauce it comes with. This is the first time she has thoroughly enjoyed it! She said it had loads of sauce and a great flavour. I had the vegetarian option which was Panzerotti Funghi - pasta parcels filled with mushroom in a creamy mushroom and spinach sauce, with rocket and Granello cheese. I love mushroom pasta and this was no exception. The creamy sauce went so well with the rocket salad. 




And finally, for desert we had two shot glass deserts - orange cheesecake and salted caramel chocolate. These were really sickly but great if you like that sort of thing. By this point I was absolutely stuffed so mum ended up finishing both! 



I already can't wait to go back to Bella Italia - I recommend you go and try the new menu as well! I believe they are going to be doing a few more 'Bella's Big Free Dinner' nights, so go and subscribe to their emails.

Kate x

2 comments :