Friday, 16 September 2016

Autumn / Winter Twine DIY's


What's this? Another Autumn related post by Kate? What a surprise! I can't stop. I love Autumn, ok?!  When the days start getting dark earlier and every day is a rainy day, of course you have to whip out the DIY's / craft activities! I've been using twine for EVERYTHING. I love it. It's just so rustic and useful! Here are two of the things I have used it for. I realise they might look a lil bit Christmassy, but that just means that you can use the same decor for Autumn and Winter, right?!

I got pretty much everything in this post from hobbycraft because its so cheap, and its such an easy DIY that you only need to buy a few things! I used this card ornament shape as a base and applied double sided tape to it before covering it with twine. You could use hot glue which might last longer, but I found it tricky because it just takes so much longer with the glue as you have to keep applying it otherwise it dries out. 




I chose to wrap my twine neatly around the ornament but you could do this any way you want to do it. You could wrap it randomly if you wanted to.



You have to keep pulling it tight and you might find that you need to add more tape as you go.


I then stuck this cute wooden heart onto the ornament (which a glue gun is better for) and ta-da! You have a cute, cosy looking ornament that would look great hanging on a door handle!


I used the exact same technique for this jar, which I absolutely love! I think it would make a gorgeous gift if it was filled with sweets or even little kind letters / notes! 


I hope you give these ideas a go as they are so easy and look lovely scattered around the house. I will probably continue to cover EVERYTHING in twine until after Christmas, not gunna lie.

Kate x

8 comments :

  1. This is such a cute make and perfect for making on an autumnal rainy day! They look so cute and rustic too, your blog is so lovely and I can't wait to check out all the other autumn and winter posts! :D xx

    elizabeth ♡ ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara | (lets follow each other on bloglovin or instagram)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you for leaving such a lovely comment! xx

      Delete
  2. This is so cute!! I am definitely going to be trying this!!

    Darriyan xo
    www.darriyancateland.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this. I'm obsessed with Autumn crafts. Always on a hunt for new ones. This one is so cute and easy. Need to do it. Thank you for sharing it. xx

    Antonia || Sweet Passions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad, thank you for the lovely comment. I hope you enjoy making it!! xx

      Delete
  4. These are such cute ideas! I'm definitely going to have to try the one with the ornament! And I love your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, I hope that you have fun making it! Thank you!! x

      Delete