Monday, 5 September 2016

A Week Up North

This week I have been visiting my boyfriends sisters house near Doncaster and have been having such a great time! We arrived on Sunday and went straight to a world buffet called cosmos. Oh course I filled my plate with nachos, chinese food and even some sushi. It was my first time visiting and on the first night we were lucky enough to see such a gorgeous sunset over the river at the end of the garden.





On Monday we went to Charlotte's Ice Cream Parlour for a kids birthday party. It was basically a farm that sells loads of different flavoured ice creams. I chose two scoops, cappuccino and coconut! Thinking about it now it sounds like an odd mix but it definitely worked! It was delicious. We finished off with Mcdonalds where I got my fave - mozzarella dippers! Not the healthiest but at birthday parties you've got to feast!

Tuesday we went to the seaside at Scarborough. We went to the slot machines and I won a pokemon keyring which I put straight on my purse! We got a coasthopper double decker bus to the sea life centre and I completely fell in love with a rescued seal called Dill. He was so shy at first, but we kept returning to him and he was getting so excited, paddeling over to say hello! We had to leave eventually but I hope he soon recovers and gets back into the wild.



We then needed a home day on Wednesday, we were so tired and needed a day off of spending money. We invited the kids over to make rainbow cakes, although they ended up only being pink and white. We decorated them with peanut butter, m&m's, butter icing and skittles! They loved it and had so much fun mixing, although at one point cake mix was flinged all over the kitchen..

On Thursday we went to Yorkshire nature reserve where we got to see actual polar bears! I didn't even realise that was possible in England, but they have 4. They were so fun, swimming on their backs and play fighting. We also saw tigers which were really playful. I got a funny video on my phone of two sneaking up on another and chasing it out the water. I love it when they have fun, unlike other places where they spend the whole time pasing up and down. It was nice to watch!


Our last full day was Friday and we went shopping in York for a shopping day. We wondered round lots of shops; urban outfitters, disney store etc. Then went for lunch at prezzo. I had such a nice pizza with artichoke, sun dried tomatoes and lemon on! Sounds quite odd but it was actually exactly what I needed, delicious! We then went over to the York designer outlet, however me being me I didn't actually buy any clothes - instead I got some sugar scrubs from the body shop and a candle from the yankee candle store. I also got my first pumpkin spiced latte of the year!


Kate x

4 comments :

  1. Aw, it sounds like you had such a nice week visit! :) The nature reserve sounds so nice! It's always sad to see big animals pacing up and down in their enclosures. And that sunset is so beautiful :)

    Thanks for sharing your cute week!

    Erin | Explore, Refresh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so much fun, thank you for commenting!! :)

      Delete
  2. I may be biased as I'm from Yorkshire but it is a lovely place to visit!

    www.ohsobecky.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, it was my first time visiting and I already can't wait to go back! x

      Delete