Wednesday, 17 June 2015

Two Books For Summer

Summer is the perfect time to sit down with a good book, get a tan, eat an ice cream... which is why I thought it'd be a cute idea to share with you two of my favourite books. 


I chose Elsewhere by Gabrielle Zevin and Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell. These are both young adult books and ugh I just can't even tell you how much I love them. First off, elsewhere explores really different and interesting ideas about afterlife - where when we die we live backwards from the age we died at, until we are born again. I read this a while ago now but it's still in my mind, I found it so relaxing to read! The quote printed on the cover from The New York Times, "Every so often a book comes along with a premise so fresh and arresting, it seems to exist in a category all its own." fits it perfectly. 

Eleanor & Park is hands down my favourite book. Like, ever. If you haven't heard of Eleanor & Park before, you may have heard of Rowell's other book, Fangirl (which is also amazing!). Eleanor & Park is about two teenagers who meet on the school bus and have this amazing, heartbreaking, perfect love story. I don't want to say too much and spoil it but please, please, please give it a go!

What is the best book you've read lately? I'm currently reading Four by Veronica Roth and Outlander by Diana Gabaldon! I'd love to hear if you have any book recommendations. I leave for my trip tomorrow, I'll be traveling through France, Belgium and Germany this weekend. So exciting!

Kate x

2 comments :

  1. Elanor and Park is my favorite too!!!! The ending though!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh, I know right! It's such a great book!

      Delete